The UCL Practitioner
Tuesday, February 22, 2005
 
Two new trial-level orders
I've updated my list of trial court orders to include these two: The first of these orders holds that Prop. 64 does NOT apply to pending cases. (I've seen the transcript, but I think all court reporters would hate me if I started posting them online.) This one is noteworthy because it is the first order I'm aware of in which a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge held that Prop. 64 does not operate retroactively. Many thanks to the reader who brought it to my attention.

The second order is Judge Sabraw's eagerly-anticipated ruling in the cases argued on February 10. Judge Sabraw held that Prop. 64 does apply to pending cases. His order is noteworthy because it was issued after three of the four recent Prop. 64 published decisions were handed down. Saturday's Monterey Herald had this article on the order as it applies to the Center for Biological Diversity case. UPDATE: The Recorder also had an interesting report last week on Judge Sabraw's February 10th hearing.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


© 2003-2005 by Kimberly A. Kralowec