The UCL Practitioner
Thursday, August 19, 2004
 
"Making Sense of the 'General Public' Under B&P Section 17200"
No new UCL cases came down while I was away, but I'm pleased to report that the Northern California chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers finally posted its most recent newsletter online! That normally wouldn't be an earth-shattering event, but ever since a friend sent me a copy of the Summer 2004 Northern California ABTL Report a few weeks ago, I've been waiting and waiting for it to be posted so I could share it with my readers. The Summer 2004 issue has a very interesting article on the UCL by Judge Ronald M. Sabraw of the Alameda County Superior Court. Judge Sabraw is the complex litigation judge for Alameda County, so nearly all class actions filed in that county are assigned to him. And since UCL claims are mostly filed as adjuncts to ordinary class actions, Judge Sabraw also gets to hear most of the UCL cases filed in that county. He often rules on cutting-edge UCL issues. Here's a tidbit from his article: "UCL jurisprudence resembles Wonderland ...."
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


© 2003-2005 by Kimberly A. Kralowec