The UCL Practitioner has moved! Please visit the first and only weblog on California's Business & Professions Code section 17200 (otherwise known as the Unfair Competition Law or "UCL") at its new home, www.uclpractitioner.com.
Text of Proposition 64
Trial Court Orders
Text of the CLRA
Code Civ. Proc. Â§382
Fed. R. Civ. P. 23
Update on blog display problem; please scroll down
Blog display problem; please scroll down
U.S. Supreme Court rules on class action issue
New UCL decision: Buchanan v. Maxfield Enterprises...
New UCL "restitition" decision: Madrid v. Perot
Recent UCL/Prop. 64 decision: Huntingdon Life Scie...
A recent Class Action "Fairness" Act order
Supreme Court denies two more petitions for review...
Court of Appeal partially publishes McCann v. Luck...
Supreme Court affirms exercise of jurisdiction in ...
California Law Blogs:
Bag and Baggage
California Appellate Report
California Election Law
California Labor & Employment Law
California Wage Law
Class Action Spot
Declarations and Exclusions
Employment Law Observer
The Legal Reader
May it Please the Court
Ninth Circuit Blog (criminal)
Public Defender Dude
Silicon Valley Media Law Blog
So Cal Law Blog
More Law Blogs:
Appellate Law & Practice
The Common Scold
Connecticut Law Blog
Corp Law Blog
Delaware Law Office
Employee Relations Law and News
Ernie the Attorney
Have Opinion, Will Travel
IP Law Observer
Legal Blog Watch
the [non]billable hour
Point of Law
Real Lawyers Have Blogs
Sentencing Law & Policy
The Volokh Conspiracy
The UCL Practitioner
Friday, June 24, 2005
17200 blog hiatus; please scroll down
Well, the bug still isn't fixed, and I'm going to be away on vacation for the next week. I won't be monitoring the blog and I hope the people at Blogger are able to get this fixed in my absence. Please do continue to email me with news about the UCL and/or Proposition 64. In the meantime, here are a few new items:
I think I set a new career record for billable hours this month (and yes, it's only the 24th). I'm hoping that my average weekly blog posts will go back up to normal in July. I'm feeling good and very ready for my vacation as I just got class certification granted in one of my cases today! Posting will resume during the week of July 5th so I'll talk to you then.
- The Court of Appeal scheduled oral argument in Petrini Van & Storage, Inc. v. Superior Court, Third Appellate District, case no. C049042, for August 26, 2005 at 9:30 a.m. It will be quite interesting to see what the Third District does with Prop. 64 retroactivity.
- The Court of Appeal also scheduled oral argument in Wilson v. Brawn of California, First Appellate District, Division One, case no. A106368, for July 15, 2005 at 9:00 a.m.
- A petition for review was recently filed in Cohen v. Health Net of California, Inc., ___ Cal.App.4th ___ (Apr. 27, 2005), which the Court of Appeal ordered partially published on May 25. The discussion of Prop. 64 was not published, but the petition for review addresses it. Many thanks to counsel for Mr. Cohen for providing a copy of his brief.
- The most recent issue of Mealey's California Section 17200 Report is now available. I hope that Mealey's will do a profile of me and my blog one of these days (hint, hint).
- posted by Kim Kralowec @ 10:30 PM
Comments: Post a Comment