The UCL Practitioner
Friday, June 24, 2005
 
17200 blog hiatus; please scroll down
Well, the bug still isn't fixed, and I'm going to be away on vacation for the next week. I won't be monitoring the blog and I hope the people at Blogger are able to get this fixed in my absence. Please do continue to email me with news about the UCL and/or Proposition 64. In the meantime, here are a few new items:
  • The Court of Appeal scheduled oral argument in Petrini Van & Storage, Inc. v. Superior Court, Third Appellate District, case no. C049042, for August 26, 2005 at 9:30 a.m. It will be quite interesting to see what the Third District does with Prop. 64 retroactivity.

  • The Court of Appeal also scheduled oral argument in Wilson v. Brawn of California, First Appellate District, Division One, case no. A106368, for July 15, 2005 at 9:00 a.m.

  • A petition for review was recently filed in Cohen v. Health Net of California, Inc., ___ Cal.App.4th ___ (Apr. 27, 2005), which the Court of Appeal ordered partially published on May 25. The discussion of Prop. 64 was not published, but the petition for review addresses it. Many thanks to counsel for Mr. Cohen for providing a copy of his brief.

  • The most recent issue of Mealey's California Section 17200 Report is now available. I hope that Mealey's will do a profile of me and my blog one of these days (hint, hint).
I think I set a new career record for billable hours this month (and yes, it's only the 24th). I'm hoping that my average weekly blog posts will go back up to normal in July. I'm feeling good and very ready for my vacation as I just got class certification granted in one of my cases today! Posting will resume during the week of July 5th so I'll talk to you then.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger


© 2003-2005 by Kimberly A. Kralowec